About Us

About Us

My name is Aglaia! I'm a story teller or some call Dungeon Master for the table-top game of Dungeons and Dragons. In these pages include stories from our favorite D&D moments and also postings about our current adventures. I invite you, my readers, to enjoy the good stories and epic tales from the Dungeons of Dragons!

Past Tales: Ordered the Chicken

 One of the top funniest moments we had during a game session was late one night. My fellow party member and myself had tracked a wizard to a large tavern. We both hadn't ate anything so we settled down in the dinning area with a good view of the upstairs entry way where the wizard and his traveling buddy were staying. We were pretty sure he had information about an attack that was being planned on one of the major cities we were protecting.

 My traveling companion, being a halfling, thought she could climb up into the dumbwaiter shaft and spy on him. As small as she was it didn't take much to meet the hide checks going into the kitchen area to where the dumbwaiters were. Getting lucky, she managed to find the one that (she hoped) connected to his room.


 Dusty and dirty she peered through the crack in the little door. The wizard wasn't there and the room was empty. Thinking she had just missed him, she suddenly heard a soft squeak above her. Before she knew it, she was greeted by a pointed nose and two red eyes staring directly at her.(The wizard had a rat as a familiar, which we had spotted earlier that day riding on his shoulder.)  Knowing that she had been "ratted out" she made her way down the dumbwaiter and made the trek back to the table where I was still sitting. 


Out of breath and still dusty, she said " The rat squealed on me." Deciding to finally order food, we settled down to eat when my friend felt something near her foot. Landing a perfect natural 20 she managed to step on the rat's tail trapping him under our table. 


Grinning from ear to ear she continued on eating making sure the rat wasn't escaping. A few minutes later, the wizard humbly comes to our table and after clearing his throat he said "I believe you have my rat."


And my friend smiles ever so slightly and replies "No, I ordered the chicken." 

2 comments:

  1. That night was epic! I thought I'd been smart to mention being ratted out but it seems the order line gets the most attention. =^.^= And I was a halfling rogue I think :) though now I'm wondering how my short gal could touch the floor LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rat-chicken is a phenomena that some wizards experience. The individuals who devote their life to the study of arcane phenomena believe that rat-chicken is, in fact, a natural occurrence and should of been properly studied by druids and the like. Having thoroughly pushed the issue onto someone else, they eagerly wait the day the darn druids will be able to explain why rat-chicken exists.

    ReplyDelete