About Us

About Us

My name is Aglaia! I'm a story teller or some call Dungeon Master for the table-top game of Dungeons and Dragons. In these pages include stories from our favorite D&D moments and also postings about our current adventures. I invite you, my readers, to enjoy the good stories and epic tales from the Dungeons of Dragons!

Past Tales - Miself

She awoke from her journey and in her hand she held a large two-handed sword. Master Chen stood over her. "Did you find what you sought, young one?" 


The young warrior looked over the sword, puzzled she read the engraving on the blade just above the hilt  "Miself?" she questioned


"Ah child, this is the treasure only few find. One's self." the old man replied


"But I already knew who I was.." Maggie protested 


"Nay. If that were true you wouldn't have found it." Master Chen replied helping the warrior to her feet. "Come child." motioning for her to follow him. 

 I didn't even have the feat to wield a two-handed weapon without taking a huge penalty. I had made an archer who used only light blades. So after completing this epic dungeon, thinking all the while I was going to get a bow. My DM gave me a two-handed sword I couldn't use.  


 I was upset but to be honest I had it coming. During the campaign, I (the player) was being difficult (okay I was being a jerk) about my fellow party member taking on different aspects of a dragon. I had declared my character a hater of all dragons and sworn to slay them all. My counter part (who was playing a cleric) decided to mother a pair of dragon eggs we had found after finding their mother slain. Because they contained great magic and her care of them (and the DM allowing it) she started taking on different dragon traits one of them being a hunger for metals. Yes, she tried to eat part of the gold we had stored up. 


 In being difficult and refusing to see past my stubbornness, my DM took us on a mission to find as he put it "Great power". We were put into this dungeon with none of our gear. We managed to make crude weapons and how we were able to solve some of the puzzles I have no idea. 


 After all this, she got a cool dragon ability and I got a two-handed sword. When I questioned my DM, he basically said he could have just killed my character and made me start over. Instead he wanted me to, one stop being a jerk, and learn to adjust. It was okay for my character not to like dragons but my party member was someone my character was friends with (and also my best friend in real life) and to instead refuse to change my (or my character's) outlook to look past it that not all dragons were bad. My friend didn't turn "evil" because she was becoming a dragon. 


 So as it turned out, the sword wasn't a bad thing at all. Once I stopped being difficult the sword was actually really sweet. It turned out to be an enchanted intelligent sword that my character learned to throw and catch. Which came in handy, a lot. 


Just remember that sometimes your idea of how the story should be maybe different than what the DM is intending which is cool but don't forget to have fun. And if you do get the "Miself" treatment like I did, it doesn't  have to end badly. You can end up with something far more epic in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment